It is that time of year again! Halloween has official been taken down with our own, our kids, or grandkids greatest costumes, and ever since November the 1st it’s full speed ahead to the Holiday season! The biggest thing that can stress people out about the Holiday season (besides gift giving…have no fear we’ll cover that eventually too) is entertaining their family and friends for the Holiday dinner parties. But don’t let that holiday entertaining stress you out. If anything, you should be excited because soon they will all be enjoying the fruits of your labor, but most importantly, your great ideas. Here is a quick tip from us over at Wendell August: make everyone happy with some simple but quality hors d’oeurves. Why? Because people love food, and hungry is the last thing that you want your guest to feel while at your home. So, while the dinner is cooking, take the pressure off yourself and start simple with some great hors d’oeuvres. In case you are feeling even more intimidated when we mention hors d’oeuvres, don’t be! These are the simple solution to hungry house guest that may want something to snack on while watching the football game. So, here are a few quick and easy ideas and tips for your hors d’oeuvres to pass around:
- Cheese, Sausage, & Crackers. Cut up squares of at least three different types of cheeses and arrange them around your snack tray. It’s better if you don’t mix them, but add three different choices so everyone is happy with at least one type of cheese.
- Chips & Guacamole. This one is so easy. Take two avocadoes, peel them, mash them up, add your favorite spice/flavor addition, throw it in a bowl and surround the bowl with Mexican chips arranged on a snack tray.
- Hummus! Hummus may be the most simple of them all. You can easily add a pre-made bowl of hummus to any cracker or pretzel arrangement and call it good. Nowadays, you can get creative with flavored hummus. There are some pretty great options out there so check them out!
- Fruit. Whether it is sliced or not, people love finger-food-fruit. It's healthy and easy and everyone is happy (and most likely no one is allergic). Always, a great go-to option.
- Lastly, try to add a gluten-free option to your offering. Odds are, at least one of your guest are going to be gluten-free and we don’t ever want to leave out our gluten-free friends!